- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 beef tri-tip roast or beef top sirloin steak (2 pounds), thinly sliced against the grain
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Place peanuts in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add paprika, onion powder, ginger, pepper flakes and garlic powder; pulse until combined.
- Place beef in a large bowl or shallow dish. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat. Add peanut mixture; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours. Drain beef, discarding marinade.
- Thread beef onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat until beef reaches desired doneness, 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with onion, tomato and cilantro.
3 ounces cooked beef with 1 wedge tomato and onion: 329 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.